There are not much fun when it is raining during your holidays. In Australia it rains too and sometimes it can last all week almost non stop.
In north of Australia rain probably won’t be so annoying. At least it is warm there year around. But depending on the season in Victoria or New South Wales it can be freezing. When it is wet and cold the beach won’t be in your mind. So what to do? If you stuck in Melbourne or Sydney and already saw all possible sightseeing go to Canberra. Not many tourists go there, but there are some really good museums and easy possible to spend couple days out there. Won’t be able to remember all of them:
- National Museum of Australia – place to learn more about Australian history and Australians
- Australian War Memorial – surprisingly Australians participated in almost all possible wars
- National Capital Exhibition – story of Australian capital
- National Archives of Australia – collection dating back to Federation
- Parliament House – it is not museum, but it possible to visit Parliament of Australia
If it happens to be in Canberra in October then visit Floriade – biggest flower festival in Australia – should be on your list. Even during rainy days it nice to go to Commonwealth Park to check beautiful flowers.